5 REASONS WHY SOCIAL MEDIA IS KEY TO BUSINESS GROWTH
Survival and growth as a small business may very well depend upon your participation in the world of the internet and social media. There are hundreds of social media sites which makes it an impossibility to be present on all. The following are the social media sites that I recommend as being the most important for small businesses to have a presence: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and Google.
The following statistics may help put social media in perspective:
- 44% of local businesses said they depend on social media to generate brand awareness.
- 41% depend on social media to drive revenue
- 90% of marketers say their social marketing efforts have increased exposure for their businesses
- More than 1 in 3 internet users say they go to social networks when looking for more information about a brand or product.
- Facebook is the most visited website.
- 53% of users say they bought a product they first say on Twitter.
- 50% of B2B buyers use LinkedIn when making purchasing decisions.
- 50% of shoppers have made a purchase based on a recommendation through a social media network.
These statistics are but the tip of the iceberg. You can search the internet for more detail. Now for my five best reasons for using social media:
- Your customers are already using it.
- Social media is effective and inexpensive
- Branding can be done effectively on social media
- Social media enables direct customer interaction
- Social media levels the playing field in marketing
In my opinion, social media marketing is not just an option but a requirement for survival and growth. Please let me know if you are interested in attending social media workshops on Tuesday afternoons. Each session will last approximately two hours and we will offer at least 4 sessions.
Don’t use social media to impress people; use it to impact people. Dave Willis
Comments are closed