8 THINGS YOUR CUSTOMERS EXPECT
Meeting and exceeding customer expectation is something that every business owner strives to achieve. It is, however, important to understand the basic expectations before you work on exceeding their expectations.
The following are the 8 basic expectations that your customers should have met:
- Reliable performance: Dependability is a very important benefit sought by customers. All promises must be kept, both verbal and any made in your marketing efforts.
- Trust: There has to be a high level of confidence in your ability to deliver the products and services that you provide.
- Recognition: You know your customers and remember their needs. A quick way to damage your reputation and to lose a customer is when an expected recognition fails to happen.
- Accessibility: You are available for needed communications. That means they can get hold of you and that you return calls in a timely manner.
- Service and assistance: You provide your product/service in an efficient manner. After the purchase has been made, the speed of service is a consistent customer issue.
- Education: As a supplier of products and services your customer acknowledges your expertise and expects guidance and advice as needed; that includes keeping customers up to date on any relevant changes.
- Preference: Customers have a need to be appreciated. That means that they have to be rewarded in some emotional or tangible manner.
- Brand association: your brand name and the implication it delivers to your customers is the last important expectation. By association, I mean that those purchasing your products/services are “lifted up” by the brand value you have established in your market place. As an example, those who wear a Rolex Watch have a certain brand awareness which allows them to feel that they have purchased the best.
These 8 expectations are not optional but very important to business growth and profitability. Referrals and testimonials will come when these expectations are met.
Deliver the expectation!
Comments are closed