BE DISRUPTIVE IN 2017
Make your 2017 marketing plans disruptive! “Doing what you have always done and expecting different results” won’t work anymore. Step out of the “conventional” in how and where you market your products and services. “The pace of marketing and product innovation is moving faster than ever before.”
On-and offline marketing will still be used in our marketing efforts, but we need to adapt our thinking and processes to the needs of our target market. Marketing efforts must be in sync with customer behavior. From an Internet Trends Report article written in 2015, “People in the United States spend around one-third of their daily screen time interacting with television and two-thirds with digital media like smartphones.” Shaping our business around our target market behaviors is one of the toughest challenges facing us as small business owners. We must be willing to try different things to solve our customer’s issues.
A great book, Disruptive Marketing by Geoffrey Colon describes disruptive marketing as:
- Allows you to see things others cannot because they can’t separate themselves from their innate biases.
- Makes it ok for you to be curious, to daydream, to be enthusiastically inefficient, and to allow your mind to wonder and tinker with inconvenient facts.
- Questions everything you learned because linear patterns don’t make up the real world we inhabit or the one we must create as a result of technology-inspired behavior.
- Rewards those who find and seek new opportunities in creative ways.
- Helps overcome preconceived ideas.
- Is for thinkers and doers who realize the most lethal phrase in business is, “But we’ve always done it this way.”
So what should a business look like in 2017? I believe that it will be full of large and small touch screens, and your target market looking for experiences and meaning. Our job at BizQuack is to continuously challenge you as you grow your business and to provide the support you need to reach your goals.
MAKE YOUR IDEAS HAPPEN!
Comments are closed