DREAMS AND ACTIONS
This past year I have been analyzing small business owners as well as “want to be business owners.” Even though l have been working with small businesses for many years, by taking a closer look at the person, their Vision, their WHY and the Action, I have learned to identify those that can succeed and those that won’t.
I have frequently addressed the importance of having a Vision and how to develop your own. Under the education section in the BizQuack dashboard, there is a power point, step by step instructions, on how to best develop your own vision.
Likewise, I have spoken frequently about developing your own WHY. There is a video by Simon Sinek located in the same education section.
The third part of the path to success is Action. A vision is nothing more than a vague hope unless it is accompanied by a vigorous plan of action. While there may be many definitions of Action in the world of small business, the only one that works is one that dominates your every move and thought. There has to be a sense of urgency in working towards your vision.
The following is my short list that makes up a vigorous plan of action:
- Learn from others, be open, you don’t have all the answers. When something makes sense, put it into practice ASAP.
- Expand your horizons by making it a point to share your story with someone new at least 5 times a week.
- We were never meant to be alone; find a mentor to walk with you and have frequent communications, sharing your successes and failures.
- Find an accountability partner; it could be your mentor or a peer.
- Have a path to follow one that allows innovation. Don’t get trapped into a strict, this is the only path, work philosophy. The BizQuack Vision Based Business Plan is the one specifically designed to help guide you towards your vision.
- Always remember that change is the only constant in today’s small business world, and rapid action will allow you grow and lead your industry.
Tips & Advice by Nick Petra, CFP – Founder of Strategic Duck and BizQuack
Comments are closed