FORMULA FOR SUCCESS
In 2009 I wrote a book, Turn $1.00 into Thousands. The book evolved from a 20 week course I developed and taught in which I gave each class member a $1.00 and challenged them to double that dollar as many times as they could in the 20 week class period. Yes, there were rules in this class and a lot of support is given to the participants.
I developed a success formula for this class:
Success = education + discipline + support + continuity
- Success was defined by creating income from virtually nothing and learning how to think “out of the box”.
- Education was the two hour, weekly class, during which a business professional shared his expertise.
- Discipline was the required attendance and reporting to the class each week what you did and what progress you made.
- Support was available, not only from the regular class instructors, the other participants in the class, but also from each business owner who presented a half hour session and offered individual contact with any of the students.
- Continuity, the last part, was left up to each individual. If they continued and built upon what they learned, they were given the tools to succeed in all their endeavors.
As a business owner, the class room is now your business location. The education is something you have to find in books, seminars and other sources. Disciplined is your ability to not give up. Support comes from your mentor. Continuity means living the success formula every day of your business life.
“Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” – William Butler Yeats
Comments are closed