If “A picture is worth a thousand words”, then what is a video worth? Video allows you to tell a much more compelling story than you could ever convey with words or a picture alone. It enables you to engage a prospect emotionally, just as TV has taken over from radio to accomplish the same purpose.
For the lack of a better name, let’s use the term Video blogging as our new method of sending out a blog. The content is still the same, but now you can make a more impactful presentation on your prospect.
Just as your blogs can be shared with others, your videos an also be shared by others, and, in my opinion, it will be shared more than a written blog.
Let’s start off with a few basics:
- You don’t need an expensive camera to start. Your video camera on your smart phone will work just fine. Your built in camera on your computer can also be used.
- Compelling content is important in video blogging for business. Target your message to your target market and present something of value.
- A video blog is not a “class”; it’s used to convey a story so your “running time” should not exceed 3 minutes.
- Consistency is the key, just as it is in any other marketing media. Once you start, you should be posting at least once a week.
- Publish your video in more than one location, i.e. U-tube, Facebook, etc.
- Be real about your presentation method. Don’t try to be something you are not. Choose a topic that you are passionate about.
- Your presentation should be more like a conversation than a presentation.
Video blogging is still not used as much as it should be. This gives you an opportunity to establish yourself as the expert in your field. I mentioned consistency as to frequency, but it also pertains to the flow of the subject matter and the setting you use from where you present your video.
Like any other marketing media, don’t expect instant clients. While it is possible to have some of your target market reach out to you sooner, a 4 to 6 month time frame will provide the best results.
The best way to begin this process is to start now. Most small business owners are still afraid to blog so by taking your blog to the next level, you will be leading the market.
Don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with your marketing!
Comments are closed