NO EXCUSE NOT TO CONNECT
I finally had time to go through the new Book of Lists published by the Phoenix Business Journal. Each year when it comes out I look at it and try to think of a way to take advantage of the hundreds of contacts that are available.
I was amazed by the type of businesses that made the “LIST,” and I was equally amazed by the type of businesses that were not recognized.
There are approximately 50 categories with the top 25 businesses in each category. That totals 1,250 names of who the Business Journal considers the most prominent business people in the Valley. There are so many options as to how to maximize the value of the list:
- I could write each owner/officer a letter introducing myself and my company. At a cost of approximately 50cents per letter the effort would cost me $625.
- I can create a brochure for each category and send a snail mail brochure offering my services.
- I could start with the bottom of the list and set up an appointment with the person in charge and share my story. If I could set 2 appointments per week it would take me over 12 years to see everyone.
- I could set a goal to have my company listed as one of the top 25 in my category.
- The top lists that I know I plan to use include:
- Trade Associations
- Networking Associations
- Professional Associations
The reason for my selection was because I felt that they would be the easiest to approach and that the benefits I bring would allow me to get in front of their members. My reach could be in the thousands, and with careful planning I could reach them with virtually no expenses.
If you don’t have a “Book of Lists” and would like to see my copy, please call me and together we can talk about the possibilities for your business.
Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them. So go out and start creating!
Comments are closed