ONLINE MARKETING TIPS
- People only scan your web page, they seldom read it. Using numbers and bullet points helps draw their attention to your message.
- Create a road. Give people a place to go to learn more.Once you have their attention create a click to take them to a new place. Meaningful content is always the key.
- Pictures are still worth a thousand words and that applies to online marketing. It can’t be just any picture; it has to tell a story. Be innovative in your picture selection but never just put words on your site and expect them to do the job.
- You can’t be all things to all people. Many small business owners are afraid to state an opinion for fear of offending a possible customer. The result is a “middle of the road” safe website. In opinion allows you to make an argument in favor of your point of view.
- Don’t say negative things about your competition, but a side by side comparison chart is a useful tool which allows the reader to see the difference.
- Back to the basics! Online marketing depends a great deal on the consistency of the message. That means that there have to be numerous touches of your target market in order to have them react. It must be a consistent powerful message with consistent powerful content.
- There is still a controversy over what the length of your online marketing message should be. Your initial bullet or numbered point has to be short and powerful enough to get your viewer to click through to the detailed information. The second click-through message has to be long enough to tell your story. In direct mail, the longer letters traditionally got better results. I believe that quality content in a longer online message will also produce better results.
Comments are closed