TAKE THE BUSINESS LEADERSHIP TEST
Qualities of a business leader.
The following qualities define a business leader. Recently I wrote about the traits of successful owners and entrepreneurs. The list consisted of 30+ words which I encouraged you to place somewhere in your office so you can refer to them on a daily basis.
Today I want to be more specific and share the most important qualities of a business leader:
- Has a VISION that matters. First of all, your vision has to matter to you; it has to be the driving force that energizes you every morning when you get out of bed.
- Your vision has to be that of a “Big Thinker” without any constraints on time or money.
- High ETHICS have to be the hallmark of your personal and business reputation.
- CHANGE is the only constant facing a business owner; mastering change is a critical quality necessary for growth.
- Being sensitive means CARING about others at all times and in all circumstances.
- Just being the owner of a business makes you a RISK TAKER. Keep talking “smart” risk as you grow.
- Reaches out to and LEARNS from others.
- Knows the importance of reaching a DECISION without procrastination.
- Even as a very small business owner you have POWER and that power must be used wisely.
- TEAM BUILDING is a necessary leadership quality in order for a business to grow.
- Having the COURAGE of your convictions, believing in yourself and your ability to reach your vision.
How do you rate yourself in each of these leadership categories?
Growing a sustainable and profitable business requires a business owner to challenge himself/herself to excel in each of these individual qualities. The ultimate goal is to have your customers and prospects. Your friends and community see you as possessing all these qualities, not because you tell them but because they can see them by your actions.
A LEADER IS ONE WHO KNOWS THE WAY, GOES THE WAY, AND SHOWS THE WAY. John Maxwell
Advice and tips by Nick Petra – CFP, Mentor, and founder of BizQuack and StrategicDuck
Comments are closed