Half way thru the first month of 2018; are you on track to reach your goals or do you need a “kick start”?
What you pay attention to now is what you will get in the form of future results. Small business success often requires an obsession to succeed. Obsession means that you are focusing every minute of your dedicated business time towards reaching your next goal. Always remember that you alone are responsible for your success.
Obsession has to be more than a desire to succeed. It has to be accompanied by blood sweat and tears; it becomes a full time occupation. Obsession isn’t about settling or sacrificing things that are important to you, it’s about having it all.
If you are reviewing your goals for the year and are overwhelmed, or if you feel that you were over enthusiastic while setting them, the correct solution is not to reduce or lower your goals but to increase your actions. As a small business owner, success is an obligation.
The following are my top 6 requirements to achieve and exceed your goals:
- Most important is to have a mentor who listens, guides and “pushes” you to stay on track.
- Immerse yourself in learning more about your product/service and how to differentiate yourself from your competition.
- Spend your time with people that are successful
- Disciplined, consistent and persistent actions are more of a determining factor in the creation of success than any other combination of things. (Developing good habits)
- Be just as obsessed with your family, spiritual life, exercise and sharing with others.
- Every day commit to work harder and smarter than the day before.
You don’t need to attend a seminar on how to succeed; these simple rules are within your capability. Follow them and success will follow you.
Comments are closed