THE RIGHT SUBJECT LINE
First, an important possibility: By 2021 there will be 333 billion e-mails sent globally each day.
Today, six out of 10 people feel they receive too many promotion e-mails. According to data from MarketingSherpa, 91 percent of Americans actually want to receive promotional e-mails. The trick is to make the correspondence targeted, timely and relevant to the recipient. The best ways to accomplish this is with a “killer” subject line. Statistics show that 35% of consumers say they open e-mails based on the subject line alone.
The following are several ideas that you may want to develop and incorporate into your subject line:
- Subject Lines with urgency
- SALE ENDS TODAY! Up to 50% off! (ColourPop Cosmetics)
- Status: low in stock (Third Love)
- Tonight Only A denim lover’s dream (Guess)
- Lines that Pique Curiosity
- Something you’ve never seen before. (Free People)
- Pick you up at 6? (Eloquii)
- Stop Buying us (Chubbies)
- Lines that play on social proof
- Look who’s wearing Warby (Warby Parker)
- Products that celebs are wearing (Sephora)
- Glowing Reviews: Everyone Loves DayWear (Estee Lauder)
- Can’t resist lines
- Stay clean (Casper)
- Give a Gift (BarkBox)
- Check out all the Savings (Kay Jewelers)
All these “subject lines” had great opening results. Do some research on what others are doing. It doesn’t have to be your industry if you think it may appeal to your target market, use something similar. Now more than ever business communications are not only going to increase due to technology, but your subject line will become even more critical.
Comments are closed