WHAT WE LEARNED FROM A YEAR LIKE NO OTHER
2020 was like no other year in most of our lives. The COVID pandemic was made worst by the riots and political upheaval resulting in a total disruption of our accustomed way of living. Most people, worldwide, were affected and had to adapt to a different life and business model. Those that didn’t suffered the consequences of a closed business and major disruptions in their personal lives.
The most important thing we can do is to look back upon 2020 and answer this question: “If I knew this was all going to happen, how would I have prepared myself? “
A few of my random thoughts include:
- Being financially prepared to survive a business slowdown or in some cases, a complete stop.
- Realize that change is the only constant in our lives; do I have the mental capability to re-invent by business if my product/service is not viable.
- Am I living in a home that is secure and comfortable.
- Do I have a place to go if I had to leave my current home environment.
- Do I have a trusted support team to help me in case of any need.
2021 will bring new challenges to all of us. The pandemic is not over nor is the “unrest” that has gripped our nation. We can all hope and pray that by the end of 2021 there will a semblance of a “new normal” and that we have all adjusted to our new life and business style.
My “be prepared list” is much longer than the few thoughts I shared. I encourage you to create your own list of lessons learned and action items that will have to implemented. There will be other 2020’s in our lives and if we don’t learn from our mistakes, we will suffer the consequences.
For those that learned the lessons from 2020, the future is bright because they will be taking the right action with the right mindset.
Comments are closed