WHY SHOULD I TALK TO YOU?
This is one of the most important questions every small business owner has to answer. This is a must regardless of who asks the question. It has to be included in all your marketing, both in print and online. It has to be present in all communications be it in writing or verbal.
You know you are not answering the question when you reach out on a cold call and no one returns your call.
In answering this question consider some of the following words, phrases and thoughts:Giving without expectations of receiving anything in return.
- Help differentiate you from your competitors
- Essential education
- Growing your business in the COVID-19 environment
- Free, no charge, no commitment for a 30 minute session on _______ (you fill in the blank)
- Providing insights on trends that will affect all businesses
- Write a story in your newsletter about their business
- Looking to form a strategic alliance – let’s see if there is an opportunity
When reaching out to others make sure you have the following:
- Testimonials on your website , LinkedIn , etc.
- Your profile is professional and up to date
- Have references ready
- Have a brochure ready to be sent providing more information on you and your business.
- Have your story ready to share.
- Listen more than you talk.
This pandemic has and is causing a lot concerns to many individuals as well as business owners. They are ready to listen and participate if someone can offer “pain” relief, are trustworthy and have the credentials to back up what they are saying.
Tips & Advice by Nick Petra, CFP – Founder of Strategic Duck and BizQuack
Comments are closed