6 POWERFUL ATTRIBUTES OF RE-INVENTORS
Re-inventors are everywhere in the business world; they can be small business startups or owners of large companies. The common thread is that they are dissatisfied with the status quo. In today’s business climate of constant change, being a re-inventor is a necessity.
Most business startups have a goal of changing the status quo with a better product or service. Large companies have to reinvent themselves as the needs of the customers change. The following attributes are needed for growth at all the stages of a business.
- The first is dissatisfaction with status quo. That has to begin as an internal feeling with a small business owner or a management team of a large firm.
- Change is always embraced. Re-inventors always look for early signs so that they can lead change and not follow it.
- Action speaks louder than words and taking action instead of talking about it is a key attribute.
- Leading change also requires a leader to be resilient. Difficulties are a normal part of the reinvention and growth process. The never give up attitude is critical.
- Reinvention most often requires a support system. Work with your network and with your mentor to present your ideas and to listen to their counsel.
- Being accountable to yourself is key to growing a business. That includes having a vision and being accountable so that all your actions take you closer to your vision.
I wrap all this up by emphasizing the need for a vision and goals and defining weekly action items that take you closer to your goal which will lead to your vision.
Laser focus is needed because in today’s instant world, time is of the essence. Your idea has to be developed and marketed to be the first product/service of its kind. It will only be a matter of time before someone else comes up with a similar idea.
Get closer to your vision with weekly action items.
Tips & Advice by Nick Petra – CFP, Mentor, and founder of BizQuack and Strategic Duck
Comments are closed