ACTIVITY CREATES ENERGY
GET SOMETHING GOING
In the life of many small business owners there comes a time when the flow of energy/enthusiasm disappears. The reason for this feeling is not the fault of the business; it’s the fault of the business owner.
The solution to this stagnation is to create activity; it may be difficult but necessary to force yourself to make something happen. Your actions do not have to necessarily result in increased income; the purpose is to change your current mental status. The following is a list of simple things that will start the process; you many need to do several of these to get the adrenaline flowing.
- Call a friend and ask him/her how they are doing.
- Invite a friend to coffee or lunch
- Call a BizQuack member and share stories over coffee.
- Go to a networking session (there are many available every day)
- Go to a site such as LinkedIn or Alignable and reach out to someone for a meeting.
- Treat yourself to a gift, something that you have hesitated to buy. (keep it under $50)
- Call a charity and ask how to volunteer
- Join a civic organization such as Rotary, Lions, etc.
- Sign up for a seminar on something that you need to promote your business
- Volunteer at your place of worship
Making a commitment to be somewhere or to do something on a regular basis is important to maintaining your energy level. Time management is something that has to include your attendance or participation in activities that take you away from your place of business.
The best time to start this energy building process is today!
Tips and Advice by Nick Petra, CFP – Founder of BizQuack and StrategicDuck
Comments are closed