ADVERTISING IN A BASIC FORMAT
Many years ago I was introduced to AIDA as a model for advertising my business. As simple as it may sound, it is still a basic foundation upon which to build a marketing and advertising campaign. AIDA stands for Attention, Interest, Desire and Action.
The concept is simple:
- Attention: make the market aware of your product/service.
- Interest: Hold the prospect’s interest by providing information about the benefits of your product/service.
- Desire: Create a desire in your target market to buy your product/service by telling them how it will alleviate their pain points.
- Action: make it as easy as possible for the target market to make the purchase.
With the coming of e-commerce, an innovative firm changed AIDA to NEWAIDA. The added letters stand for: Navigation, Ease, and Wording. I added my own meanings for each of these words:
- Navigation: how easy is it to explore your site and to gain the needed information?
- Ease: I added the importance of being easy to find. Is your site mobile ready?
- Wording: This stands for the content.
This simple system is a good basic format upon which to build your marketing program. Use other articles that are found on the BizQuack site to expand each of these segments.
Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising. – Mark Twain
Comments are closed