Communication with prospects
It takes an average of 8 cold call attempts to reach a prospect. Prospecting is hard and most of us hate it. But if you give up on a prospect after too few attempts, you are passing up a potential sale.
- 2% of sales are made after the 1st contact
- 3% of sales are made after the 2nd contact
- 5% of sales are made after the 3rd contact
- 10% of sales are made after the 4th contact
- 80% of sales are made between the 5th and 12th contacts
In my opinion, setting the stage for a follow up campaign is important. That starts with first gathering personal information and then asking what their biggest pain point is in the business. With those two facts you can develop a touch campaign starting with a personal “thank you for the visit” hand written note. Follow up touches can be on a subject of personal interest or ideas on how they can eliminate pain points. Work with your mentor to help develop this process.
Comments are closed