Different can be something new but it also can be tweaking an existing product or service. The hard part about discovering opportunities isn’t coming up with something no one has thought of before; the hard part is actually executing the thing you thought of.
Before we get to the “taking action” part, let us look at several places where we can discover these opportunities:
- The COVID-19 pandemic is showing us a lot of new possibilities. I suggest that you look around, follow social media, watch the news and read the paper. Start writing down the changes that you see or hear about.
- As new technology and other political and cultural issues come about, another set of changes will start happening.
- The next phase is trend identification. As you are watching and writing you will see things start repeating. People will change their habits and their expectations. Let me share a few of my observations: (My list is now up to more that two dozen and counting)
- More online communications.
- More people working from home.
- Businesses and people have different expectations
- A growing desire for human interaction
- Safety is important
- Financial security
- Distance learning
- Delivery services
- Increasing need for adding technology to homes and businesses
- Educating the consumer to learn how to cope with these new trends.
The challenge now is to tweak your product/service to fit into one of these developing trends. It also may require you to change your marketing or delivery method of your product or service.
As you create and add to your list make a note next to each trend. Note what you can do in that area to generate business, no matter how ridiculous it seems. Write it down.
Work on this process for three to four days and then identify those trends which you think you can influence. Prioritize them and select the one you want to focus on.
Success will be a result of your Vision, Plan and Effort!
Comments are closed