THE IMPORTANCE OF BUSINESS NEWS
Concentrating on the metro Phoenix area, the following information was obtained from the March 31st edition of the Phoenix Business Journal.
- Phoenix’s ace in the hole – 222 people move here every day. (page 14)
- Retail needs to adapt – failing retail stores have a host of implications for other Valley industries (page 3)
- New Jobs: Raytheon-2,000 in Tucson; Intel – 3,000 in Chandler; Lucid Motors – 2,000 in Casa Grande: ADP- 1500 in Tempe (page7)
- New shopping, office coming to Scottsdale – encompassing 18 acres – (page 47)
- Exhibit like an Expert Workshop – trade show marketing (page 55)
- Business leads – new business filings (page 60)
My subscription cost $99 per year; I receive a hard copy edition every Friday and on Friday afternoon I read the paper from cover to cover and create a list of things that could help me grow my business. I also get two updates on happenings every weekday. The weekly newspaper as well as their annual publication of the Book of Lists, provides me with the name and contact information of the major players in just about every phase of business in the metro Phoenix area.
Your challenge this week is to subscribe to the Phoenix Business Journal and commit at least one half hour every Friday to scan the newspaper then challenge yourself to select at least three pieces of information that can lead to an action item for the following week.
To complete this challenge, start a conversation on your BizQuack site about what you have learned from your new subscription.
Keep your eyes open to discover new opportunities in everyday places!
Comments are closed