Review Your Digital Strategy for 2021
Step back and take a fresh look at your digital strategy for 2021. I suggest that you pretend that this is the first time you have actually determined your digital strategy.
Consider the following outline for developing your “new” digital strategy:
- The first step is to review your company vision and then set a goal for 2021. It has to be in writing and it must be based on what you want your company to achieve in 2021. Make it as specific as possible; it should contain a stretch factor but not one that is impossible to reach.
- Next take a look at your customers and target market; determining how they feel and think is critical. This past year has been one of tremendous change and you must make sure that your brand message is relevant. Take time to understand what type of “customer experience” your existing client base and prospects are looking for. This is the WOW factor that your brand stands for.
- Content is king! The quality of your content is the key to every type of marketing including digital. It is based upon your own story and the pains and gains that your customers and target market share.
- Defining your channel of distribution: In the digital world there are literally hundreds of possible distribution channels. First it is important to know what options exists and then to know which option is preferred by your target market.
- Is it working? Despite all the research and preparation that was put into the development of any strategy, it is important to have check points along the way. I recommend a 3 month “stop and analyze” process. Are you on target to reach your goal? Are any changes needed? Have the dynamics and needs of your target market changed, and if so, how can you pivot?
This process is not a one hour plan. In the current Re-Launch 2021 session the strategy development and implementation process, as outlined above, is scheduled to last 5 weeks with two hourly sessions per week. This process does not have to begin at the first of the year; it can begin when you are ready to take a fresh look at your business to make sure you are on the right track.
Comments are closed