SIX THINGS ABOUT DEADLINES
Seth Godin (another one of my favorite authors) wrote the following about deadlines: ( this is a summary of his article)
- People don’t like deadlines. They force us to decide.
- Deadlines work. They create forward motion.
- Deadlines make people do dumb things. Many people complain about deadlines for hours instead of spending the minutes it takes to do the job right in the first place.
- Deadlines give you the opportunity to beat the rush. Telling your story first is a great way to get the attention you seek.
- When we set ourselves a deadline, we’re incredibly lax about sticking to it. So, write it down, hand it to someone, publicize it, or associate it with an external reward or punishment.
- They have a lousy name. Call them live-lines instead. That’s what they are.
Once again, BizQuack members, use your Accountability Tracker and work your deadlines.
If you show up regularly with generosity, everything else will take care of itself. Seth Godin
Comments are closed