Take an inward look!
As small business owners we all spend a lot of our time planning, evaluating, and second guessing the future direction our small business should take. We were not prepared for the Pandemic, which came out of nowhere to change many aspects of our personal and business lives. Now, it appears, that focus is on charging forward and looking for “footholds” as we climb back into a “new normal.”
Many of you know that I believe in first building a solid foundation for your business before charging forward on a fast-track growth path.
The trouble is, we forget that before we can build a solid business foundation, there must be a solid foundation under our business. That foundation is our country and its people. That underlying foundation has a lot more moving parts than any business foundation will ever have.
Take a good look around you; consider the following:
- We have lost our respect for authority.
- Crime is escalating in our nation.
- Our education system is ranked 22nd in science and 27th in math.
- We are 49th in life expectancy.
- By trying to be “politically correct” we are forgetting/changing the history of our nation.
- The media has nothing better to do than to “run down” our country and to stop free speech.
- It may be more profitable to accept a handout from the government than to work.
- We have also lost our pride.
I could site a lot more examples; look at your own community and add to that list.
Don’t blame the COVID-19 for everything that has gone wrong, all the pandemic did was to magnify a pot of festering problems where a few people with personal agendas have been able to take advantage and lead us to believe that they are the solution to problems which we did not know we had.
Yes, build a great business because you must generate a profit but spend an equal amount of time and effort to study The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States of America. Send me an e-mail with your address and I will send you a copy.
Comments are closed