TC: DON’T JUST CLEAN THE OUTSIDE
Is your business like a kitchen or a desk? Is it clean on the outside but when you open up a kitchen or desk drawer is it stuffed full of things that were not filed or put in their proper places? What other things were you going to attend to later but never got around to them?
Do you frequently search for a misplaced document or phone number? Do you wish you had more time? Are you able to maintain the 40% marketing time that BizQuack recommends? Do you miss meetings because you have a conflict?
Your challenge for this week is to get organized for your most successful year ever. Getting organized is a two prong effort:
- First organize your existing business.
- Go through your desk drawers and file cabinets. Avoid being sentimental. File the things that you have to keep and ditch the rest. (that includes all the business cards you collected over the years that you have no idea who those people are)
- Update all your data bases and make sure that they are in a contact system for your monthly newsletter. (for your A list, try to include birthdays and anniversaries )
- Second requirement is to plan for next year.
- Keep a notebook by your desk and list every call you make or receive. Make a note as to the subject and include the person’s name and contact information. (Keep a smaller notebook on your person when you are away from your desk to gather the same information when you meet someone or talk to someone on the phone). This notebook can also serve as your idea notebook; write things down as you think of them.
- Schedule your appointments around your marketing time. If you are too busy to market, then it’s time to hire a new staff person.
- Handle each item once then either file it for future reference or discard it.
- Use the BizQuack Accountability Tracker on a daily basis.
- Don’t’ be afraid of new technology; consider a CRM system and look into AI (artificial intelligence) as you grow.
This is only a quick look at a very deep subject. I strongly suggest that you sign up and commit to our 12 month Success 2020 Program. Each month there will be a meeting of the participants with the goal that you will lead change in your industry, not follow it. Yes, there will be a session on time management and also one on new business tools for small business owners. There are many other benefits so please sign up today. This program is part of your membership dues in BizQuack but a 12 month commitment is required for those that sign up. For more information or to register call Nick at 602-989-1592.
Comments are closed