TUESDAY CHALLENGE: PREPARE A RE-LAUNCH
One of the most exciting times in the life of a business owner is the day the business is launched. Emotions are riding high as is the belief in a great future for your company. Then reality sets in. Several years into the business the excitement has turned to work and that entrepreneurial spirit is hard to find.
I believe that a business should re-launch itself at least once every three years. Your Tuesday Challenge is to select a date for a re-launch of your business.
The scale of your re-launch may be dependent upon your current financial position. The steps to accomplish this are simple:
- Pick a date 6 weeks to two months from today.
- Create a budget for this event. This is a major marketing “happening”, so allocate the maximum dollars possible for this event. No, this is not the time to break the bank; allocate what you can reasonably afford.
- Bases on your budget, select a location for the re-launch.
- Your office
- Your home
- A restaurant
- An inexpensive neighborhood theater
- An art gallery (they are always looking for exposure and may help with some of the expenses)
- Use your imagination and make it a different place.
- Create a list to invite. Start with your best customers, add friends and potential customers. Always include your auxiliary staff, CPA, Attorney, financial planner, mentor, etc. Depending upon the size of your re-launch location, you can ask your guests to bring a business acquaintance.
- Send out a save-the-date notice (yes, use snail mail) make it an intriguing notice (you can always call it what it is, a re-launch)
- 10 days prior to the event send an invitation with an RSVP. Your location, if different, may be enough to arouse curiosity. If not, stress the networking opportunity, or the name of a very important person who will be attending, or …..Use your imagination.
- Prepare a short “story type” presentation (no more than 5 to 7 minutes) have plenty of literature and take-a-ways and enjoy your re-launch.
Among the many benefits will be your own revitalization, a chance to mingle with friends and customers, and a “buzz” that you created by having a unique function.
Comments are closed