START A BUSINESS SPURT!
Let me start with several definitions of spurt:
- To show marked usually increased, activity for a short period.
- To do something much faster than before.
- A sudden short burst, as of energy, activity, or growth.
A business spurt usually results in a profit growth or the reaching of certain goals faster than originally planned. I know of no better way of self-energizing than to create a profit spurt in your business.
There are several rules that have to be followed:
- Dedication of time and energy to complete the spurt: I recommend a minimum of 4 hours a day (more if necessary) for the spurt. A six week time frame is recommended.
- Selection of a stretch goal. A war room effort for 6 weeks should yield at least 6 months’ worth of results.
- Creation of a War Room.
- Create a master war plan.
- Identify your target(s),
- Where are they hiding?
- What are the best ways to reach them?
- Creation of several data bases if the target market(s) dictates it.
- Track daily activities – both pains and gains.
- Use visual charts for all activities and post them on your walls etc.
- Have an accountability partner; they will help you maintain your character (The ability to carry on after the mood has left you.)
The above is a brief outline of what a War Room looks like and what is needed to win the battle. I can only promise you that if you find yourself in need of some energy and are willing to work harder than ever before, the result will amaze you.
BizQuack is available to listen and to share ideas.
Comments are closed