HOW BAD DO YOU WANT TO SUCCEED?
I have ended a lot of my blogs and classes with the following statement: “Success is the only choice when failure is not an option.” A path, which if chosen, requires a few of the following characteristics:
- A willingness to admit that you don’t know everything and that there are people who are in a position to help. And, you accept that help.
- A risk taker – you are willing to “color outside of the lines.” You analyze the options and, if necessary, take the road less traveled.
- Accountability is ingrained in your mind and you are willing to accept help, if needed, to reach your daily, weekly, monthly and yearly goals.
- You associate with a community that believes in your dream and helps you maintain your positive attitude.
- Your vision is your driving force, not money or time.
- You commit to get on the path to success today, right now, not a moment later.
- You are willing to work 10 times harder than you ever thought you could.
- Be persistent, never give up.
A study was shared with a group of us this afternoon:
- 374 entrepreneurs all started businesses at the same time.
- 15 of them made it to the finish line (in positive revenue) by the end of the first year.
I had the privilege of being allowed to follow the group, as an observer, for the year. These 8 characteristics, mentioned above, were based on my experience with this group. I believe that they apply to all small business owners. I calculated the success percentage and it came out to 4%; that meant that 96% had not crossed the finish line.
Where are you on your path?
We created BizQuack as a resource.
Are you taking advantage of it?
Tips & Advice by Nick Petra – CFP, Mentor, and Founder of StrategicDuck and BizQuack
Comments are closed