DESKTOP SUCCESS SCHEDULE
Habits are important and a visual reminder of what habits you are working on implementing now will help to cement them into a permanent part of your business life. Habits take at least 80 days to become permanent. The following system will help you visualize your daily commitment to adopt good habits.
Since generating additional business is the number one concern for small business owners, we will first look at the development of new marketing habits.
- Make a list of things that you could do on a daily basis to increase your customer base. Include such things as social media marketing, e-mails, phone calls, personal visits, direct mail, blogs, networking, plus anything else that has worked for you. Or list a new marketing idea (BizQuack has hundreds in the blog achieves) you would like to try to get new business.
- Next prioritize your list. Use your best judgement and experience to list them in the order of their potential effectiveness.
- How long will it take? Starting with number one, add the length of time you will need to make this an effective marketing effort. As an example, you may schedule an hour time slot if one of your items involves meeting with a new prospect in person every day or attending a networking meeting. An e-mail campaign may take 30 minutes every day, and maybe your social media update may take another 30 minutes. You may need to allow time to make phone calls to set up appointments or time to write and post a blog.
- BizQuack advocates that 40% of your working day should be spent on growing your business. If you work an 8 hour day, you have 3.2 hours to devote to the development of your marketing success habits. (If you are on a 10 hour work day, then you have 4 hours).
- Start at the top of your prioritized and timed list. Scroll down the list until you have reached your allocated marketing hours. This now becomes your daily marketing schedule for the next 80 days.
- In my experience I have found that setting aside your marketing time as a single block is most effective. This will assure that you complete this entire habit building success program on a daily basis.
- The last part of the process is the creation of a time chart with a start time and a list of what success habits you are working. Make it easy to read, and place it in a stand on your desk.
My promise to you is that you will notice a significant change in your business if you can adhere to this strict schedule. Nothing is more important to you as a business owner than to increase your bottom line. You can leave a message on your phone stating that you are in a meeting and what time you will be returning calls. If you need extra support or an accountability partner, call “The Duck” and let him help you.
Tips & Advice by Nick Petra, CFP – Founder of Strategic Duck and BizQuack
Comments are closed