RELATIONSHIPS AND FEELINGS BUILD BUSINESSES
- While we spend a lot of time writing a “pitch,” we forget a basic principle: “It’s not only whatyou say, it’s how you say it.” I believe that nonverbal communications count when you are trying to gain trust and credibility.
- Nonverbal communication isn’t only about body language; it’s also about vocal cues. People that we approach also rate us on our vocal variety, or the amount of fluctuation in our voice tone, volume and pitch.
- An article I read listed the following patterns of effective presentations:
- Create a dynamic beginning to your conversation, one that draws in your listener from the start.
- Emotional connections are made by using relatable examples, and intriguing ideas or concepts that matter to them.
- Focus on presenting one core idea and message. That message/idea is what you want your listener to take away at the end of your conversation.
Comments are closed