SHORT TERM ACTION PLAN
With the uncertainties that we face in our day to day lives I recommend that you keep your eyes always on your long term vision but that your action plans are such that they can be accomplished in a relatively short time. Yes, each short term action plan should achieve a specific goal that takes you closer to your vision but it should also be a complete, stand alone, result-producing goal.
Completing an action plan is a great reward to give to yourself. To begin with select three short term goals that will have the greatest impact on your current business needs. Prioritize the goals and then make sure that they fit the following criteria:
- Be Specific: Write out exactly the results that will be achieved when the plan is complete.
- Be Measurable: Results have to be measurable in terms of their contribution.
- Be Actionable: The goal should inspire you to take the necessary action to complete it.
- Be Risky: Small business growth requires some risk taking. Stretch yourself as you reach for this goal.
- Be Timely: Set a specific amount of time for a goal to be reached. I recommend nothing longer that a 6 week time frame.
- Be Exciting: If the goal does not excite you, select another one.
- Be Relevant: It has to impact your business now.
Most important is your commitment to achieve this goal. From the three selections work with your first choice; but if a pause is required, start on your second one. No, you are not giving up on your first selection, but there may be a short waiting period which will allow you to start the process on the next goal before returning to your first choice.
Use your Accountability Tracker every day for this task. If you send me a copy of your goal and completion date, I will help you stay accountable.
Comments are closed