TC: SLOW DOWN
Zig Ziglar wrote: Discipline yourself to do the things you need to do when you need to do them, and the day will come when you will be able to do the things you want to do when you want to do them.
Your challenge today is to take a look at the goals you set for 2019. Hopefully you have all this in writing. With three months left to go in 2019 answer the following questions:
- Make a list of the areas in which you set a goal. (marketing, staff, dollar growth, personal vacation, etc.,)
- How close are you to reaching your goals? Are you on target?
- Did you give up on any goals?
- Why did you give up on some goals?
- Why are you not on target in achieving your goals?
- Do you believe that there is still time to reach all your goals?
The answers to these questions can give you an insight on what needs to be done differently if you are not on target to reach your goals. The following are areas for your consideration:
- Were the goals realistic?
- Did you design an action plan with accountability steps for each goal?
- Did you expect faster results that were possible?
- Did you validate your customer’s desire for your products/service?
I am a believer in growing a business as fast as possible; but at the same time I believe that there has to be a disciplined, step by step, measurable results component. You can only grow as fast as you can correctly complete each step.
I am constantly confronted by small business owners who want instant gratification and if it doesn’t happen they give up. There is no magic wand that will provide instant success.
Many times it pays big dividends to slow down your business activities and see where you are, make the necessary adjustments and then proceed. There is a great story about a turtle and a hare………
Comments are closed