TC: THE CREATIVE CHALLENGE
Find a new way to stand out and get people talking!
We talk all the time about differentiation in business. How do we stand out from our competitors? We can’t just sit and wait for our new customers to see the awesome website we built, or hear from their neighbor about a great product they bought. We’ve got to get out there and make something amazing happen! Find a new way to get the message out and make it memorable that moves people to take action!
1. Create a niche. What’s the demographic of your customer base? Once you understand where most of them come from, tailor your message or campaign to that group. It’s worth the effort to analyze the data and speak to that group directly with a targeted message.
2. Do the opposite of what others are doing. We often look at our competitors and try to do what they are doing but 10 times better. How about doing something they are not doing, or the opposite. Stand out in your industry with something fresh and compelling and maybe even a little humorous.
3. Don’t be afraid. Try something different. Do something new that will get you or your product noticed. Keep it positive.
4. Amp up the energy! People want to interact with people that are excited and motivated about what they are offering. It might be a little out of your ‘zone’ but make a plan, practice your pitch, and give it a try. If you’re not up to the task, hire someone that is!
5. Stand by your product or service. You built the company and believe in what you have so make sure that people know that. Show your passion in everything you say and do. Talk it up all the time but be sure to deliver a clear message and a call to action. Write it down, practice, and deliver your message with ease.
6. Demonstrate the value. Realize the value of your offering and build a campaign of excitement that lives up to that value.
7. Keep going! Go after your potential customers with gusto, that ‘never give up’ mentality.
8. Serve your fellow man. Volunteering is nice and important, but don’t overlook the opportunity to go above and beyond by serving your customers more than they expect? Go out of your way to understand and listen and solve their problem. Give them something they want to talk to their friends about.
THE CHALLENGE: It really is all about getting people talking, sharing, and referring your business. Get creative. Assemble your team for a creative brainstorm session and do something new. If your company consists of just you, grab some friends, other BizQuack members, or colleagues and invite them to lunch and brainstorm. Have some fun and get out of your comfort zone!
TAKE THE CHALLENGE!
Tips & Advice by Jen Kelly – BizQuack Member and owner of J Dot Creative
Comments are closed