The State of Marketing 2019
Part of the information BizQuack disseminates is from articles that we feel will have a significant impact on small business. The following are excerpts from a recently completed study called “State of Marketing” which published information gathered from over 4100 marketing leaders worldwide. In order to compete and grow, a small business has to know what larger businesses are doing to drive customer success. This research was conducted by and can be found at Salesforce.com/research
- “Today’s marketers face a whole different landscape than their predecessors. As connected customer experiences become standard in customers’ minds, marketers are expanding beyond traditional purviews, tactics and tool-kits to meet expectations.”
- 80% of customers say the experience a company provides is as important as its products and services.
- 84% of customers say being treated like a person, not a number, is very important to winning their business.
- Two top marketing proprieties are: Engaging with customers in real time and Modernizing tools and technologies.
- 69% of business buyers expect Amazon-like buying experiences – such as personalized recommendations.
- A website is a brand’s window to the world.
- Across every stage of the customers journey, social marketing- be it organically published or paid advertising – is highly valued.
- As mobile web traffic increases, apps become more important and 65% of advertisers are increasing their spend on video.
- Regardless of channel, the concept of waiting is disappearing. Expectations for real time engagement now include much more than prompt responses over social media.
- Real time engagement is now the marketer’s top priority.
- Increased focus on customer experience and journeys is prompting marketers to look beyond traditional measures of success.
I received this 50 plus page report this morning and wanted to share a few of the major points as they follow closely on our blogs the last several days. There is a lot more to this report and you can download it for your review.
One major point that I have gathered these past few weeks is the importance of establishing a good communications and participation format for our members. I will be working on that as one of my short term goals.
Comments are closed