TUESDAY CHALLENGE: Entrepreneurial Prospecting
The first work day in 2018 and I want to set the “push-pace” for the year. “Push-pace” means that you are ready to take responsibility and to grow your business through hard work, determination and perseverance.
It also means that you will not fall for the “fake” promises made by so many companies that offer small business success with no pain, no sacrifice, and no effort. The truth is that all marketing is hard, emotionally draining work, and it is the price that has to be paid to grow a profitable, sustainable business.
Jeb Blount in his book, Fanatical Prospecting, lists the following seven mindsets as a foundation for success:
- Optimistic and enthusiastic: Attack each day with enthusiasm – fired up and ready to rock. View each day as a fresh new opportunity to achieve.
- Competitive: Do whatever it takes to stay on top.
- Confident: Approach all your marketing efforts with confidence.
- Relentless: Never give up; believe that persistence always wins.
- Thirst for Knowledge: Seek out every opportunity to learn and invest in yourself.
- Systematic and efficient: Systematically develop your prospect database to build more effective and targeted lists, and squeeze every moment from each marketing day.
- Adaptive and flexible: Be able to respond and adapt quickly to changing situations and circumstances.
Add to your list the blogs and the Tuesday Challenge that you receive during the week from BizQuack. There will always be at least one idea that you can implement which will give you a “mindset” boost. Remember to start the positive habit of using the Accountably Tracker every day.
From all economic indicators 2018 will be a banner year, so don’t make excuses, don’t procrastinate and don’t complain. Success is a choice so make it yours for 2018.
Comments are closed