TUESDAY CHALLENGE: LAUNCH YOUR MARKETING CAMPAIGN
Before I share today’s challenge, I want to acknowledge that today is Election Day in our great country. In my opinion, this is the most important election in our lifetime, and small business as well as our individual freedoms will be greatly impacted if we don’t vote our values. Please vote today!
On October 8th of this year I challenged you to develop a co-operative marketing program. Today’s challenge is the implementation of that campaign.
When selecting a business co-operative marketing partner the following are important:
- Select businesses that are approximately the same size as yours.
- Several weeks ago you identified thee specific types of business that can provide benefits to your target market. Now put a name with those three firms.
- The next step is to develop a co-operative marketing plan which will show the benefits to the participants as well as to your target market. A good place to start is to talk about the power of your combined data bases and the value of the combined benefits to your target market.
- Make an appointment and visit with the firms you selected. It is import ant to note that your first selection in a specific industry type might not be the one you select to partner with. It is important that there are shared values, excitement and a willingness to devote the necessary time to make this venture a success.
- Remember, this is a “co-operative”; allow all the participants to have input into the joint marketing plan.
The final step is to start the planning process and its actual implementation. There may be two or more meetings required to work out all the details. I suggest that meeting should be held in your office in order to avoid distractions, and it also give you an advantage as the leader of this process.
If you don’t have an office, meet in your home or home office. Your co-operative marketing partner should know who you are and how you work. Honesty is critical in this process. I have an in-home office and schedule as many meetings as I can at my location.
Comments are closed