TUESDAY CHALLENGE: LINKEDIN
Your challenge today is to review and update your LinkedIn profile.
With over 400 million (and growing) subscribers, I still believe that LinkedIn is one of the best sources of meaningful connections. When I am looking to find out about a person for business I always start off with their LinkedIn profile.
While our core values don’t change, the way we present ourselves to prospective customers always changes as we learn new ways to tell our stories. You should review your profile at least every other month. The following are several things for you to consider as you look at your profile today.
- The headline of your profile is very important. It should be part of the “WHY” you are in business.
- Give reasons why people should connect with you.
- The purpose of LinkedIn is not to make a sale, but to make a “Human Touch” connection with a prospect at a future date.
- People are looking for relationships: your profile should talk about the value you provide.
- When reading the content of your profile, think about what you want people to come away with after they read it.
- Your profile should not be a bio of your life.
- Don’t be afraid to add pictures, videos and even podcast to your profile.
Spend at least 15 minutes a day on LinkedIn and make sure you post at least one daily comment.
Comments are closed