YOUR SELF IMAGE
Posted on October 17, 2019 at 9:04 pm by Jen Kelly / Blogs, Daily Communications, Marketing
In one of my educational sessions, Get Seen and Heard,( the entire power point presentation is available in the education section, under Marketing) I said that there are 3 main parts to basic marketing and you as a person is the first one. I further broke that into three components:
- The way you look.
- What you do and how you act-Live your promise
- What you say- Be prepared
Today I want to stress a component that I did not cover, and that is the importance of your self-image.
You cannot consistently perform in a manner that is inconsistent with the way you see yourself.
The starting point for both success and happiness is a healthy self-image. Dr. Joyce Brothers wrote: “An individual’s self-concept is the core of his personality. It affects every aspect of human behavior.” You must first accept yourself before you can accept the fact that you deserve to make a success of your business.
The following are a few suggestions on how to maintain a positive self-image:
- Associate with positive people.
- Listen to and read books by such people like Norman Vincent Peale, Zig Ziglar, William Danforth, John C. Maxwell and other great writers that share positive messages.
- Fear of failure can also cause a low self-image. Pick a small project that you have not undertaken and make it happen.
- Do something for someone in need. For example, volunteer at a homeless shelter, etc.
- Join an organization that has worthwhile goals and become active.
- Form your own success club.
- Stop criticizing yourself.
- Always keep a smile on your face. The best time to begin is when you wake up and look at yourself in your bathroom mirror.
- Do things that interest you.
- And, most important, Be Yourself – Everyone else is taken.
Building a positive self-image is not “rocket science”. It just takes a willingness to change your way of thinking and doing things.
Tips & Advice by Nick Petra, CFP – Founder of Strategic Duck and BizQuack
Comments are closed